Sunday, July 26, 2009

My First Wrigley Visit

For the Cubs fans out there, I will be posting on the Cubs from time to time. Probably not as often as I will on the Sox, but I will do my best to be objective.

I took a week of vacation the last week of May, heading back to the Chicago area for some R&R. One of the days, I went to the city with my friends with LyonTamer Productions. They were filming a video for The Painted Door, a new church plant that will begin late this year in the Wicker Park neighborhood of Chicago. Our shoot began in the morning outside of Wrigley Field, so we parked about 2 blocks away on a side street. After a long day of filming, and walking around a lot, we decided to go to the game. The Cubs were playing the Pirates, and we got seats on the first base line, upper deck. Because of rain, the game only lasted six innings. We chilled for a while before the game was officially called (thankfully, we were under the canopy). Thanks to our parking spot in the morning, we had a short walk back to the car.

Needless to say, Wrigley Field was quite an interesting experience. The fans were passionate, the tasteless domestic beer was flowing, and the trough toilets were, well, trough toilets. Despite the fact that Wrigley, as a stadium, doesn't have the amenties and space of a newer one, it was cool to be in a place with so much history. Think about the names that have set foot in that place: Mays, Banks, Bonds, Maddux, and yes, Bartman. It was awesome to set foot in a place like Wrigley. However, I don't really want to go there again, unless it's for a Cubs/ Sox game. I guess I prefer to watch baseball in more modern stadiums.

No comments:

Post a Comment