Monday, July 27, 2009

30 by 30

30 by 30 is the idea that I came up with earlier in the summer. It stands for 30 teams by the age of 30. That's right, I want to see all 30 teams play in person by the time I turn 30. No, it's not as lofty as visiting every stadium, but it's a lot cheaper.

I was curious after the Cubs/ Pirates game about how many of the teams I've seen play in person. So I looked at the list of teams, and here's who I've seen (in no particular order):

White Sox
Twins
Orioles
Rays
Nationals
Indians
Tigers
Royals
Cubs
Brewers
Cardinals
Pirates
Angels
Rangers
A's
Rockies
Giants

That makes 17 teams I'm sure I've seen. I may have seen the Yankees once, but it could be a figment of my imagination. So I have 13 teams I have left to see and 7 years to do it. Ideally, I'd love to head to the east coast, and see some of those teams play, and visit some of the sweet parks like Fenway, Yankee Stadium, Oriole Park at Camden Yards, and Citizen's Bank Ballpark. If I can time it right, I can knock a whole bunch of teams off my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment