Sunday, July 26, 2009

Let's Get it Started

Welcome to my blog. I'm starting this to get my thoughts out on Chicago sports, specifically the Bears, White Sox, and Blackhawks. From time to time, I might branch out beyond those teams or beyond the sports world, but most of my posts will deal with those three teams.

As a Chicago sports fan, it isn't always easy to live in the Twin Cities and cheer for my favorite teams. Try going to the Metrodome period, then go as a visiting team's fan (especially if said visiting team is a rival). Talk about a hostile environment!

I'll be heading there again on Tuesday and Wednesday to watch the Sox play the Twins. I'd probably go on Monday, but I have class that night (only 8 months left in grad school). Hopefully the Sox can pull off the win tonight in Detroit, and have some momentum coming here. The past three games (after Buehrle's perfect game) have been pretty lackluster. Starting pitching has been great (props to Colon for coming back strong), but the offense seems to have been anything but clutch. Hopefully the national stage tonight (ESPN, 7CT) can propel our hitters. I'm hoping for 10-12 hits and 6-8 runs. It's Clayton Richard vs. Rick Porcello. Clayton was pretty stellar his last start, so hopefully he can carry that through tonight. Porcello gave up 5 ER his last start (7/21 vs. Seattle). We'll just have to wait and see what happens tonight, I guess.

Go Sox!

No comments:

Post a Comment